Effective/Revised Date: November,12 2017
We value your trust and want to be sure that you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information and non-personal information, including information relating to your visit to or use of this website (our Website). If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-844-484-5626. Or use the contact form on our contact page.
By using our Website, services, and/or products, you accept and consent to the data collection, use, sharing and protection practices described in this Online Privacy Code (this “Code”). If you do not agree to these terms please discontinue use of this site and our products immediately.
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you visit or use our Website, we may collect information that can be directly identified with you, which we refer to in this Code as “personal information.” Any information that we collect through our Website, which does not reveal your specific identity or relate directly to you, such as aggregated, de-identified or demographic statistical data, is “non-personal information.”
We may collect personal information directly from you through our Website, such as through online forms, data entry fields or cookies. Additional personal information from or about you may also be collected and used in other ways, including your communications with us.
By way of example:
• When you register to access services that require an online account, we will ask you to provide certain information to link your online account to your financing agreement. This may include your name, your mailing address, phone number and email address (collectively, your “contact information”), your existing account number, vehicle id number (VIN), Social Security number (SSN), and other information that we believe is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes. We may also collect any of this information when we otherwise communicate with you. We may use your name and contact information to contact you about our services or about marketing offers that may be of interest to you (subject to applicable law and any marketing preferences that we offer and you have registered with us), or to permit you to complete a consumer survey or sweepstakes.
• When you enroll for automatic payments, elect to receive electronic disclosures (go paperless) or change your contact preferences, we may ask you to provide additional information to facilitate these actions. This may include your bank account and routing information to establish ACH payments or additional contact information to enroll for electronic disclosures or make changes to your contact preferences.
When you visit or use our Website, we and third parties may collect non-personal information from your computer or mobile device. These third parties include our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties that provide services on our behalf (collectively, our “service providers”) and our non-affiliated advertising partners. This is primarily google analytics
By way of example:
• Non-personal information may be collected from your computer or mobile device.
• Non-personal information may be aggregated in our server logs for various purposes, including collection of device event information such as browser crashes, system activity and referral website URL.
We and our service providers and advertising partners may use and disclose non-personal information to other service providers and advertising partners to help us understand how you navigate and which parts of our Website are of most interest to you, provide you the features and functionality of our Website, improve the way that our Website interacts with you, and for other purposes described in the next section.
All financial companies need to share customer information for their everyday business purposes. We may share personal information that we collect about you, and non-personal information that we collect from your computer(s) and mobile device(s), for such purposes with:
• Our affiliates (i.e., companies related to us by common ownership or control).
• Our service providers, for purposes such as servicing accounts or conducting transactions, surveys, research or marketing.
• Other financial institutions that jointly offer, endorse or sponsor financial products or services with us.
• Other individuals or entities, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to report suspicious activities, prevent physical harm, financial loss, or violations of our agreements and policies.
• Regulators and other organizations or individuals who are legally entitled to receive such information.
At no time do we sell, share, or provide in anyway information we obtain for the purposes of financing for marketing, leads or mail lists.
About Cookies, Tags & Other Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers and advertising partners may collect non-personal information relating to your visit or use of our Website through various means, such as cookies and tags.
A cookie is a small file containing certain pieces of data that is created and stored when you visit a website using a computer or mobile device. When you visit a website, a cookie may be used to track the activities of your browser and also provide you with a more consistent, efficient online experience. We and third parties, including our affiliates and service providers, use two common types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies:
• Session cookies store information only for the length of time that you are visiting a website; they are not written onto your hard drive. Once you leave the website, they expire and are no longer active.
• Persistent cookies are more permanent and store information on your hard drive. Persistent cookies can be re-read when you return to the website that created them.
Session cookies are used on our Website to help determine:
• What pages you visit and actions you take.
• The address of websites and advertisements that you use to link to our Website and that you visit after leaving our Website.
• Keywords used for searches that brought you to our Website.
• Your browser version, hardware and operating system.
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
• Your internet service provider (ISP) and the region from which you connect to our site.
Session cookies are also used on our Website as a type of digital signature to identify your current session to our Website server. Sessions are currently only available to partners and brokers. On secure pages on our Website, session cookies may also be used temporarily to store your account number in order to identify multiple user IDs associated with one account number.Persistent cookies are used on our Website to:
• Remember your language preferences.
• Assist us in authenticating you and your computer or mobile device.
• Reduce the likelihood that an online offer you have already responded to is presented to you again.
• Analyze products and services you have used, which allows optimization of our Website and a more personalized experience.
• Collect information about your computer or mobile device, such as location information so that we can present content specific to your region.
• Aid in identifying and addressing application support issues and to aid in fraud prevention and investigations.
• Determine how many people visit our Website, and which sections of our Website are visited most frequently.
This helps us to understand what type of information is most useful to our Website visitors so that we can improve our Website and make it easier for our Website visitors to access information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default. If you object to the use of session or persistent cookies for tracking or other purposes, it may be possible to block and remove such cookies that you may receive from our Website through the settings in your browser. This process varies depending on your browser and version. To learn more about your browser’s options for cookies and online security, please refer to your browser’s documentation or online help.
Tags & Other Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers and advertising partners may also use small images encoded with tags (also known as tags or web beacons) and other tracking technologies through our Website or email communications with you for various purposes, including the following:
• To deliver cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages on our Website, and to help us compile aggregated usage statistics to monitor usage patterns and monitor inbound traffic to our Website.
• In e-mail messages to you or on our Website to determine whether you have opened an e-mail message from us, clicked on an embedded website link, acted in response to the e-mail message, or otherwise visited our Website.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites and other online services, which are not governed by this Code. As such, we encourage you to learn about the privacy and security practices of those third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of such websites or other online services, nor the online collection, use or sharing of personal or non-personal information by third parties.
We use a number of administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse.
To secure your personal information online, we use multifactor authentication, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit encryption. Using 128-bit encryption is like needing to use 128 different keys to get at your personal information and SSL prevents eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery when you use our Website.
To make sure you’re taking full advantage of our security procedures, we suggest you use the latest versions of Internet Explorer, or Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Accuracy of Your Information
The accuracy of your account and other personal information is important. If you find that any personal information we have or have reported to another party does not appear to be accurate, please contact us as follows:
F5 Financial Inc
550 Greens Parkway #230
Houston, Tx 77067
Protecting Children’s Online Privacy (COPPA)
In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children (i.e., persons under age 13). We do not knowingly collect, store, use or share personal information about children, unless the information has been provided by an adult in connection with the opening of a deposit account for or with the child. We do not accept applications directly from children, and will not send unsolicited promotions to users who indicate they are less than 13 years of age except in connection with an account opened by an adult. This does not prevent parents from opening deposit accounts on behalf of their children. We will obtain parental consent prior to the creation of an account on behalf of a child.
Visitors Residing Outside the United States
If you visit or use our online services, your personal and non-personal information may be collected, stored, used and processed in and transferred to, from and within the United States. In such instances, applicable U.S. federal and state laws shall govern. If you are a non-U.S. resident, such laws may not provide the same level of protection as the laws of the country of your residence.
Changes to Our Online Privacy Code
We reserve the right to update this Code from time to time to comply with applicable laws and to reflect changes in our service. For this reason, we encourage you to periodically review this Code. If we make changes to this Code, we will revise the “Effective/Revised” date shown at the top of the Code and post the revised Code on our Website. The changes will become effective when we post the revised Code. Your visit or use of any of our Website following such posting means that you accept the revised Code.